Goji juice originates from Tibet and the inner region of Mongolia. This little red berry packs a big punch and has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a potent health tonic. This nutritionally dense fruit contains many important health benefits that other foods do not, making goji a contender for the number one spot on the super food highway.
Aside from containing cancer-fighters like geranium and selenium, goji berry juice has more vitamin C than oranges, more iron than spinach, more beta-carotene than carrots, and more amino acids than bee pollen. Even more impressive is that goji also contains something found in no other food source on earth: a unique polysaccaride that has the potential ability to increase HGH (human growth hormone) production, which can retard ageing.
Goji is rated #1 for its ORAC value
ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is a scientific measurement used by the USDA. The higher the ORAC value, the more capable a food is of protecting cells from oxidative damage by annihilating free radicals. This is said to both slow the ageing process and ward off disease.
Goji boasts an incredibly high ORAC value of 25,000. Compare that to blueberries, prized for their antioxidant power, which have a value of only about 2,400. This puts Goji at the top of the ORAC list, making it the world’s most powerful anti-ageing food known to date.
Goji Berry Juice contains the following nutrients:
- Rich in carotenoids such as beta carotene, vitamin C and zeaxanthin, which helps to preserve vision
- Contains germanium, a mineral which no other fruit is known to contain
- Contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6 and Vitamin E, which is rarely found in fruits.
- Contains four important polysaccharides, LBP1, LBP2, LBP3, and LBP4
- Provides 19 amino acids including the eight essential amino acids
- Contains as many as 21 trace minerals including zinc, copper, selenium, and phosphorous
- Provides 11 mg of iron per 100 gm of fruit
- Has a protein content higher than wheat
- Rich in natural antioxidants, and phytonutrients
- Contains Cyperone, Beta-Sitosterol, Solavetivone, Physalin, linoleic acid, and Betaine; Beta-Sitosterol is anti-inflammatory, linoleic acid supports weight loss, and Betaine improves cardiovascular health
How to find the best Goji Juice
Simply put, shop with care. Read labels carefully to ensure you are getting an authentic 100% pure goji juice product. Avoid watered down imitations, which are primarily sugar, water and inexpensive fruit juices.
Goji juice is delicious, making flavor a non-issue. There is no need for added sugars or fruit juice. Some companies try to save on cost by giving consumers a less than stellar ‘juice blend’. But as with most things, you really do get what you pay for, and a 100% pure goji juice product is worth a little added cost.
Wai Lana makes a very good 100 percent goji juice that is pure and natural, made from fresh berries and bursting with vitality and nutrients. Its bright orange color comes from its freshness and high beta carotene content. This goji juice contains no added sugar, artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives and has a delicious flavor that is both sweet and sour, complex and refreshing.
Wai Lana also offers Goji Capsules so that you can get your goji on the run. This is a healthy, easy-to-swallow dose of goji made from 100% pure, dehydrated goji fruit in a vegetarian capsule. Wai Lana uses a patented dehydration process to preserve the goji’s nutritional value.
Goji Juice Benefits
With thousands of years of medicinal use in China and the Himalayas, and countless modern day testimonials as to the efficacy of goji juice, it is virtually impossible to deny that this unique berry is a nutritional powerhouse. Goji juice warrants serious consideration by anyone interested in improving or preserving their health.
To mention just a few of the reported benefits of taking Goji Juice:
- Boosts immune system
- Protects and supports liver & kidneys
- Improves memory
- Promote longevity
- Helps preserve eyesight
- Contains high levels of vitamins & antioxidants
- Acts as a detoxifying agent
- Staves off premature ageing
- Helps Regulate Blood Pressure
- Improves Fertility
- Supports Weight Loss
- Assists Digestion
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Increases circulation
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol level
- Cleanses the blood
- May have anti-coagulant activity (please consult your health care practitioner)
- May minimize the risk of cancer by preventing DNA mutation and inhibiting tumor growth
- Has been shown to elevate mood and bring a sense of well-being
To purchase Wai Lana’s 100% pure Goji Juice or Goji Capsules, please visit our Goji store.