If you and your family have a sweet tooth, this decadent blend will satisfy it. Tasting as good as it looks, this recipe is also an excellent tonic for cleansing, detoxification, and cancer prevention.
Yield: 1 Smoothie
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Juice of 3 apples
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup water or 1/2 cup milk
- Raspberries & whipped cream for garnishing
- Blend ingredients with apple juice
- Garnish with raspberries and whipped cream
- Boost: I sometimes add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and/or a scoop of protein powder.
Benefits: Rich in phenols (highly active anticarcinogens), raspberries help destroy free radicals and eliminate toxins from the bloodstream. Like most berries, they help beautify your skin and cleanse the urinary tract. Banana, an excellent strength-building food, coats the digestive tract and soothes indigestion. Apples stimulate digestion and dissolve toxins in the colon.